PRIVACY NOTICE -
Updated as at March 2023
We, SOCAR Mobility Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. (Registration No. 201701009617 (1223782-T)), and/or any of our subsidiaries, related companies, associates, affiliates, jointly controlled entities, shareholders and any other entities within our group (hereinafter referred to as “SOCAR Group of Companies”, “we”, “us”, “our” and other similar expressions), value and respect the privacy rights of all users of the websites (“Website”) and mobile applications (“App”) of the SOCAR Group of Companies across all aspects of our business and we strive to protect your Personal Data (as defined hereunder) in compliance with the laws of Malaysia.
We will only collect and use your Personal Data (as defined hereunder) in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (and any other such laws that may be enacted in Malaysia related to the governance of personal data of consumer from time to time) and this privacy notice (hereinafter referred to as “Privacy Notice”) and such other term(s) in the agreement(s) that you may contract with us or have contracted with us.
For the purpose of this Privacy Notice, the term “Personal Data” shall refer to any information that relates directly or indirectly to an individual, from which the said individual may be identifiable, and shall include sensitive personal data and expressions of opinion about any individual. Sensitive Personal Data may include information such as physical or mental health or medical conditions, political opinions, religious or other similar beliefs, commission or alleged commission of any offence.
By providing your Personal Data to us, you consent to our collection, use, handling, retention, and disclosure of your Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Our Collection of your Personal Data
We may collect your Personal Data directly from you including but not limited to when you:
1. register for an account on our Website and/or App;
2. contact us for information related to our Website and/or App;
3. communicate with us via any medium of communication;
4. interact with our Website and/or App; and/or
5. take part in any of our digital or physical initiatives.
We may also collect your Personal Data indirectly from you, when we obtain your information from third parties including but not limited to information from your referees, public records, or background check agencies who may be engaged to provide us with your Personal Data, including information regarding past criminal record(s), if any. In the event that we are not provided with all the Personal Data that we request from you, you agree and acknowledge that we may not be able to provide you with our service(s) via our Website and/or App or continue to provide you with our service(s) via Website and/or App. For the avoidance of doubt, by providing your Personal Data in any of our Website and/or App, you hereby agree to set up your account on all our Websites and/or Apps.
The extent and type of Personal Data that we collect from you or any third party depends on our service(s) that you subscribe to and/or the purpose of the collection of the Personal Data. Some of the Personal Data that we collect may be sensitive in nature. The Personal Data that we collect may include, but is not limited to the following:-
1. Personal information such as your name, government-issued identification (i.e. passport number and National Registration Identity Card number), nationality, address, date of birth, age, gender, race, photograph, motor vehicle registration number, location information, background screening report, driver’s licence information and private motor insurance information;
2. Contact information such as your residential, mailing and billing address, telephone/ facsimile number and email address;
3. Personal preferences and interests, such as your parking habits and lifestyle choices;
4. Transaction and financial details such as the types of services used and/or requested by you on our Website and/or App, your credit/ debit card details (including card number, cardholder name, CVV code and expiration date) and bank account details;
5. Device information such as your device hardware information, IMEI number, UUID (unique identifier), device model and software version, App version, mobile country code and network code, device operating system versions, phone number and your device setting in accessing our Website and/or App;
6. E-wallet information such as your balance, top-up and transaction information as well as transaction limits;
7. Log information such as your geolocation, browser, IP address, time and duration of your usage of our Website and App, diagnostic, technical, error and usage information, page views, history of profile updates and password changes;
8. Feedback and opinions of our Website and/or App such as your comments, reviews and ratings of the services offered via our Website and/or App whether they are provided directly to us or whether they are published on any other public platforms;
9. Any Personal Data not mentioned herein that you provide to us or collected by us in the course of your dealing with us and/or where we require you to provide other Personal Data depending on the nature of our business and its circumstances, the nature of your transaction and so forth; and
10. Where you are a company, we may collect Personal Data of your employees. For the avoidance of doubt, you shall obtain the consent of the employees before providing us with the employees’ Personal Data.
Use of Personal Data Collected
We may use the Personal Data collected for the following purposes:
1. to analyse and identify users of our Website and/or App, potential users and their representatives;
2. to provide our services via our Website and/or App;
3. to offer or provide any related services on our Website and/or App, including our own value-added services or services of our business / strategic partners with whom we may collaborate with (such as for offering or provision of motor insurance services). Where you choose to opt for our business/ strategic partner’s services, we may share your Personal Data with them and they may contact you as necessary to obtain additional information on you in order to facilitate and fulfil the provision of their services;
4. to manage and maintain your account on our Website and/or App with us;
5. for administration purpose(s) including but not limited to processing, confirming, fulfilling and completing your transactions and requests made on our Website and/or App or any related services to our Website and/or App;
6. to develop and/or implement initiatives including but not limited to carrying out research, benchmarking, statistical analysis, product analysis, customer profiling activities, analysis of customer patterns, behaviours and choices, customer surveys and interviews to help improve our Website and/or App, to help us better understand your requirements and interests as well as to publish your comments, reviews, and ratings on our Website and/or App for advertising and marketing purposes;
7. to seek your opinions or comments about our Website and/or App;
8. to inform you about any promotions, offers and/or other benefits (including third party benefits) that may become available, or to send you alerts, updates, newsletters, marketing and/or promotional materials, including from third parties (such as our subsidiaries, related companies, associates, affiliates, jointly controlled entities, shareholders and any other entities within the group, business / strategic partners), whether verbal or written through any communication channels deemed appropriate by the Company, which may be of interest to you;
9. to conduct internal diagnostics and related assessments in order to provide software updates, maintenance services, technical support and other important updates, services and support in relation to our Website and/or App;
10. to conduct internal record keeping and updating any information database(s), customer service-related matters and other administrative purposes;
11. to conduct consumer and market research by analysing your usage of our Website and/or App in improving our provision of new and personalised offers to you;
12. to provide you with service support, management optimisation, customer support and any other related services to our Website and/or App, including responding or follow up to your inquiries, concerns, issues or complaints;
13. to verify your identity, to conduct due diligence and background checks (including financial and criminal records check), or to carry out any other monitoring or screening activities or risk management procedures that may be required by law or that may have been put in place by us;
14. to conduct credit evaluation on you including Central Credit Reference Information System (CCRIS) checks;
15. to detect the location of the vehicle for safety and security purposes;
16. to administer contests, redemptions, campaigns or any similar promotions entered by you, including to provide you with your rewards and/or prizes (monetary or non- monetary);
17. to comply with our legal obligations including responding to requests by any governmental, regulatory or law enforcement bodies and authorities;
18. for the purpose of any mergers, acquisitions, financing transactions, transfers, assignments or joint ventures;
19. for any other purpose(s) related to your relationship, requests and transactions with us; and
20. for any purpose(s) required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines, and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
Processing of Personal Data
Where we rely on your consent to process Personal Data, you may at any time withdraw the previous consent you have provided to this processing by contacting us via email under the heading “Contact Us” below. However, please note that, by withdrawing your consent, it will not affect the lawfulness of the processing done based on the previous consent you have provided prior to withdrawal.
There may be instances where we process your Personal Data on the basis of other lawful grounds (other than having obtained your consent) pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010. We do not seek your consent in these instances as we intend to provide you with the services offered in our Website and/or App in the most efficient way (or where in some cases, it is not possible for us to seek your consent as we must process your Personal Data, for example, for the detection of fraud).
References to consent given, or deemed to have been given, by an individual for the collection, use or disclosure of personal data about the individual, include consent given, or deemed to have been given, by any person validly acting on that individual’s behalf for the collection, use or disclosure of such personal data.
Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Data Collected
We shall use and disclose your Personal Data for such purpose(s) that the Personal Data was collected, as indicated above and for any other secondary purpose(s).We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties (within or outside of Malaysia), whom we reasonably believe will require access to your information to provide you with assistance, information or any services you may require from us. Such third parties shall include:-
1. entities within SOCAR Group of Companies;
2. our contractors, sub-contractors, business / strategic partners (e.g. insurance companies or any other third parties with whom we may collaborate with), landlord(s), service providers, professional advisors, or other service providers providing any kinds of products or services to us or to any of the entities within SOCAR Group of Companies;
3. financial service providers such as banks, credit card issuers, payment gateways or payment service providers;
4. search engine and analytics providers that assist us in the optimisation or improvement of our Website and/or App;
5. advertisers and advertising networks that may require information to select and serve relevant advertisements to you;
6. any entities assisting with fraud investigations or processes;
7. where we or any of the SOCAR Group of Companies is involved in any corporate exercises, for example, any proposed or actual mergers and/or acquisitions, joint venture, investment or funding exercise, asset sale or for any other matter of such nature which relates to us, the parties include any third parties such as the counterparty, their professional advisors to the extent that such information is reasonably required;
8. any parties requiring such information in relevant to legal proceedings;
9. any governmental, regulatory or law enforcement bodies and authorities; and
10. any other third parties which we will inform you at the point of collection of Personal Data and subject to obtaining your consent before such disclosure is made and such disclosure shall only be provided to the extent as required by the applicable laws).
Storage of your Personal Data
As part of the services provided through our Website and/or App, we may process, store and/or transfer and store your Personal Data to countries outside of Malaysia. When we process, store and/or transfer your Personal Data outside of Malaysia, we shall take reasonable steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken to ensure that your right to privacy shall continue to be protected as provided in this Privacy Notice.
As we strive to protect your Personal Data, we limit the employees that can have access to your Personal Data and the extent of your Personal Data that may be accessible by them. This is limited to employees that require your Personal Data to carry out their day-to-day responsibilities. Our employees are at all times obliged to respect the confidentiality of your Personal Data held by us.
We shall also take reasonable steps to keep your Personal Data secure and protect it from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration of Personal Data. In this respect, we shall adopt technical and organisational security measures to help protect against such loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration of your Personal Data. While we cannot guarantee that such loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration to the Personal Data shall not occur, we ensure that our systems adhere to the reasonable market security standards to help safeguard against such occurrences.
Access to, Correction or Deletion of your Personal Data
You are more than welcome to request for access to, correct or update your Personal Data held with us. If you wish to do so, you may, at any time, log in into your account with us and view your Personal Data within our storage.
In the event that your Personal Data is not made available to you via your account on our Website and/or App or you are unable to access your Personal Data, kindly drop us a request via this form. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee as prescribed under the Personal Data Protection (Fees) Regulations 2013 for any Personal Data access requests. We further reserve the right to refuse your access, correction or updates to your Personal Data in certain circumstances, in accordance with the applicable laws. Where we decide to refuse your request, we shall inform you of the same via writing as well as indicating our reasons for our refusal (unless it is not permitted or prohibited for legal reasons).
If you no longer choose to use our Website and/or App and would like to delete your account/ withdraw your consent for us to process your Personal Data, please proceed to the App > Account > View and Edit Profile > Tap on “Delete Account”. Please note that by choosing to delete your account on one of our Website and/or App, you will be deleting your accounts across all of our Websites and/or Apps.
If you prefer not to receive cookies through our Website and/or App, you can set your device to warn you before accepting cookies and refuse the cookie when your device alerts you of it. You also can refuse all cookies by turning them off on your device. If you continue to browse our Website and/or App without changing the settings on your device to control cookies, you agree to accept cookies when you use our Website and/or App.
External and Third Party Websites
Our Website and/or App may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites or any social media channels of our partner networks, advertisers, service providers, business partners, affiliates and any other third parties.
Where you are redirected or have followed a link to any of these websites or social media channels, please note that we do not operate, control or endorse, in any respect, the contents of these websites and social media channels. You assume sole responsibility for the usage of these websites or social media channels and you are advised to examine the terms and conditions as well as the privacy notices of the websites or social media channels.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We may update or change this Privacy Notice at any time. When we do so, we will publish the updated Privacy Notice on our Website and/or App which shall automatically supersede the previous version of the Privacy Notice. Your continued use of our Website and/or App or your continued communication or engagement with us following the publication of the updated Privacy Notice, whether or not reviewed by you, shall constitute your agreement to be bound by the latest Privacy Notice made available on our Website and/or App.
This Privacy Notice is prepared in English and Bahasa Malaysia. In the event of any discrepancies between the English and Bahasa Malaysia versions of this Privacy Notice, the English version shall prevail.
If you require any clarification on this Privacy Notice or any further information in relation to your Personal Data (other than for deletion of your account on our Websites and/or Apps), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.